The 9th Annual Organizing Resources Around Needs Workshop (Oran Saye Memorial Workshop) will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Fort Collins Marriott, 350 E. Horsetooth Road.
Marlo Payne Rice will be the keynote speaker. He will present “The Power of One: Healing the Wounded child.”
Other breakout sessions include the following topics and presenters:
· Advocacy (Peak Parent Center)
· Teen Depression and Suicide (Suicide Resource Center)
· Transitions (Empower Colorado)
· Families in Crisis (Melissa Frazey, PhD.)
· Social Skill Builders (Tom Linnell, EdD.)
· From Challenges to Opportunities (Michael Sandler, ADD coach)
Cost of the workshop is $60, which includes a continental breakfast and lunch. This educational workshop is recommended for any parent, caretaker, or educator who wants to know more about helping children who are struggling in school, having trouble with peers or the justice system, or who have depression and/or low self-esteem.
For more information, contact Diane Saye at email@example.com or call (970) 226-2155.
Oran Saye was a 12-year-old boy who had ADD and took his life in 1997. His family donated money to launch the first conference in 1999 and continues to put it on yearly. The seminar is dedicated to preventing further tragedies through education, advocacy and support.